Positions require individuals with a mechanical background, excellent trouble shooting skills, as well as experience with preventative maintenance activities. Experience setting up computer-operated machinery and performing quality checks as well as having a high school diploma or GED is also required. Previous farm or auto mechanic experience demonstrating mechanical ability is a definite plus.
Position: Electrical Engineer
NASCO is a Japanese company in Bowling Green, KY manufacturing suspension coil springs, trunk lid torsion bars, and transmission disc springs. We have an immediate opening for an Electrical Engineer on 1st shift.
The role of the Electrical Engineer is to identify, investigate, evaluate, recommend, and implement improvements to the production process that are consistent with the policy of continuous improvement in the areas of safety, quality, and productivity. Oversees electrical aspects of facility including machine repair and process enhancement. Exercises discretion and judgment in the design of electrical systems and components.
1. Investigate maintenance trouble reports and determine appropriate corrective actions.
2. Evaluate construction applications and determine appropriate action to complete construction of feasible and necessary improvements.
3. Implement preventative maintenance systems to avoid machine downtime and scrap.
4. Assist in the implementation of approved kaizen proposals.
5. Facilitate the selection, design, and installation of equipment to meet required quality and productivity targets.
6. Monitor production performance to determine areas for potential improvements.
7. Produce engineering and tool design drawings for in-house or vendor fabrication.
8. Using programmers and computers to trouble shoot equipment.
9. Ensuring projects comply with the National Electrical Code and NASCO’s electrical standards.
10. Being able to lay out and size material for construction jobs.
11. Reading and understanding ladder logic problems.
12. Knowing how to use National Electrical Code Book.
1. Ability to climb on equipment
2. Occasionally working on lifts
3. Walking to needed areas
4. Other physical tasks as required
This position requires creativity, problem-solving and decision-making skills, time management skills, basic computer skills, and good oral and written communication skills. This position requires a basic knowledge of process engineering, manufacturing methods, and mathematics. Ability to understand NEC codes.
1. Computers, printers, calculators, fax machines, copiers, etc.
2. Sporadic use of overhead cranes and/or forklifts for troubleshooting purposes
Work Environment/Environmental Conditions:
This position involves the office and production floor working environments. During the course of work activities involved with this position, the individual can come into contact with machine operators, vendor representatives, and company officials.
When working in production area can come into contact with dirty/greasy environment. Other exposure to environments/conditions as required.
Required Qualifications: Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering
We also have some of the best pay and health insurance in the area as well as 401k matching, short and long term disability, and life insurance.
To apply, submit your resume to:
NASCO Attention HR
3251 Nashville Road
Bowling Green, Kentucky 42101
Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or
NASCO is an equal opportunity employer